Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Two on Tuesday... Review Programs and To-Do Items

1. If you are looking for a fun, interactive way to review your course content, and your students have computers, I know there are several teachers in our building who are using Kahoot and are reporting that students are engaged and learning.  I recently read about two similar sites: Quizalize and Quizizz

I personally have tried Quizalize. I created a quiz and once it was ready, a code was provided. Students use that code to play the game; students do not login but are asked to provide a name when taking the quiz. In Quizalize, students work at their own pace, are provided the correct answer if they are incorrect, are given a complete summary of their answers (and the correct ones as needed) at the end, and can replay games (making this an option for home review as well). At the same time, if used in class, Quizalize randomly assigns students to teams so there can be a group competitions as well. Teachers can create their own quizzes or use premade ones (choices are limited), choose how long students have to answer questions, and are given feedback based on the results including both individual student mastery levels and results overall by question. This would definitely be a fun way to review content!

2. I seem to have a Google Calendar for everything, including one I named "To-Do" because I'm in Calendar so much that I knew having my to-do items there would be convenient (a good number of my colleagues love Google Keep for lists if you want to try that out!). Today I found this website:  https://www.hashtagtodo.com/todos .  Once you sign up, it accesses the Google Calendars you want it to access. As you add events, if you put #todo after the event name, the program will add a checkbox in front of the event title in the calendar and if you do not check the box by the end of the day, it will move that to-do item to the next day. It also puts the entire to-do list created from this add-on at the top of your calendar.  


So, I still am going to use it on my to-do calendar but now I get the satisfaction of checking the items off when I'm done (and the security of knowing they won't get forgotten if the date passes). 

Enjoy! Please contact your ITRT if you have any questions or would like to know more!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...